Mobile Number Portability
Mobile Number Portability is the process by which, you can shift to another operator of your choice, while retaining your old number. Say goodbye to inflated billing, call drops and sub standard network and switch to MTNL for transparent billing, state of art 3G network , most economical tariffs and best customer care..
Call us at 1800111503
Why MTNL Mobile?
Welcome to the new world of MTNL 3G where you will experience the best of services, be it superior network, exciting VAS, video calls, mobile TV, ultra fast wireless broadband and lots more. Let transparency have a new meaning with simple tariff and honest billing, SMS charges without any blackout days and lots more.
Why MTNL Mobile ?
- India`s First 3G Mobile service network
- Widest network coverage
- Billing Transparency
- Most economical Voice, Video & Data Tariff
- Delhi`s preferred mobile operator.
- State of the art, World-class next generation network (NGN).
- Truly toll-free Customer Care (we do not charge for any kind of assistance )
- Recharge facility anywhere, anytime through retail outlets, online etc.
- Large bouquet of exciting VAS (Value Added Services)
- Most economical Mobile Internet Services
Steps to move to MTNL
Step 1 : At the first, you need to generate UPC (Unique Porting Code) which is an alpha-numeric 8 digit code which is given by your existing operator to switch to another operator. SMS to be sent to 1900.
PORT SPACE through the mobile number to be ported in MTNL network.
Eg. PORT 93XXXXXXXX and send to 1900
Step 2 : After sending SMS, you will receive an SMS from 1901 with your Unique Porting Code (UPC) given in it.
Step 3 : Your request will be validated as per TRAI/DOT guidelines regulating MNP. Subject to approval, the request will be further processed.
- Fill the MTNL MNP form providing details like Name, Current Mobile Number, Current operator (Donor operator) name, Mode of the number after Port In – Postpaid/Prepaid Address.
- Submit your Address and ID proof documents, self attested photo
Step 5 : Get the free MNP SIM along with exciting MNP offerings.
Step 6 : MTNL will send an SMS on your existing/old operator's SIM mentioning the porting date and time. This will also be explanatory till when you can will have the access of your existing operator service.
Step 7 : There will be 2 hour 'no service period' which will begin after the porting time as given above. The 'no service period' will be in most of probability between midnight 12 AM to 6 AM. This ' no service period' is the time in which service will not exist by any operator 'donor' or 'receiver'.
Step 8 : After 'no service period', just replace the existing operator's SIM Card with MTNL MNP SIM Card and you are in to the most transparent, most affordable and largest network of MTNL.
Now after statutory time period you are ready to experience a new refreshing world with MTNL Mobile.
1. What is Mobile Number Portability (MNP) ?
MNP is the ability to shift from your current Network Provider to another Network Provider while retaining your existing Mobile number. That means now you have the option to switch over to MTNL Mobile.
2. What will be the cost for switching?
As per TRAI Guidelines the cost for switching is Rs.19. But we have waived off it for you.
3. Who can avail MNP ?
Any Mobile Subscriber of Delhi circle, irrespective of GSM or CDMA, prepaid or post paid can switch over to another operator, but you need to complete at least 90 days from your activation or last port in, with your current service provider.
4. I am not a subscriber from Delhi Telecom circle. Can I migrate to MTNL Mobile?
No, presently MNP facility is available within same telecom circle only.
5. Can my current operator reject "port-in" request?
In certain cases your current operator may reject "Port-in" request like.
- There is some Unpaid bills in case of Post paid Mobile.
- The Mobile Number is under contractual obligation.
- The Mobile Number has some pending legal cases.
- The mandatory 90 days has not been completed since the date of activation or last port-in.
6. I am interested in port into MTNL Mobile connection in my existing number what I need to do?
Welcome to MTNL Mobile. You just need to complete some simple steps to shift to us.
- Generate a UPC(Unique Porting Code) by sending a SMS To 1900,
- Please visit Our Customer Service Center and fill the MNP form, CAF (Customer Agreement Form) and submit these forms along with your Identity proof & Address Proof and your photographs.
- Select a suitable postpaid plan or prepaid kit and make necessary payments.
- You will get a MTNL SIM, just retain it, and when you will get a message regarding Porting completion, you can insert the new MTNL SIM in your Mobile and after the No service Period you are ready to conquer the world with MTNL Mobile.
7. So how much time it will take?
The maximum time prescribed by TRAI is 7 days. We will try our best to help you port faster.
8. So, my mobile will be dysfunctional for 7 days?
No, your number will be active throughout the process except the No Service Period, which is only 2 hours.
9. What is No Service Period?
There will be a 2 hour span when your services will be disrupted; this is the No Service Period. We will communicate you the actual time by SMS.
10. After No service period which SIM I have to use?
Now you are our esteemed Customer, please use your new MTNL SIM.
11. What about my unused talktime of current operator?
Sorry, the unused talktime of your current operator will not be transferred to your new MTNL connection.
12. What about my existing services?
You have to subscribe again to your desired value add services, be it caller Ring back tune (playtune) or any other services. We are sure you will be happy to enjoy our featured rich value added services.
If you have more questions regarding MNP, please call us at 1800111503