to get Connection and Information
Call to MTNL call center 1500/22221500
You will have to indicate the MTNL land line Telephone No on which Broadband Service is required and also have to indicate the CA No. or e-mail to
Alternatively can also visit MTNL designate Area Customer Service Centers/ Sanchar Haat of the concerned area and fill the Broadband/ADSL Connection Subscription Form.
To apply for the services, no payments to be made at the time of booking.
Based on your request an MTNL official/ MTNL DSA will come to your premises, get the form filled and signed. The form can also be downloaded from MTNL website
or can be collected from designated Customer Service Centers/ Sanchar Haat.
MTNL will provide the Broadband services within 15 days of apply of broadband connection based on the technical feasibility. In case of non-availability of service in the particular area/ wire Centre/Telephone Exchange, waiting list will be maintained.
The ADSL Modem/Router (CPE) will be installed by MTNL and the account will be opened.
Requirements at the your end
MTNL Landline connection
In case, customer is not having MTNL landline than he has to apply for MTNL landline first & MTNL broadband connection will be provided
Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) Requirements
CPE (ADSL Modem/Router) recommended for a single PC which requires a USB port in your PC.
CPE (ADSL Router) recommended for multiple user on LAN setup which requires a Ethernet port (RJ 45) in your LAN Hub/Switch/PC.
Operating System:- Windows 98 & above and Operating System drivers
PC hardware recommended: RAM (128 MB & above), HDD (Min Free Disk Space 500 MB), USB port for ADSL Modem/Router or LAN card for ADSL Router and CD ROM drive.
In case the PC does not have requisite port, the port is to be got installed by customer at his own cost from PC vendor/ supplier.
If Customer wishes to use his own CPE: Compatible CPEs may be ascertained from MTNL Call Centre 1500/22221500
MTNL shall not be responsible for any complications arising from non compatibility of the CPE Software &Hardware procured from market. Any parallel wiring other than one telephone in the Broadband/ADSL line would lead to reduced download speed & frequent disconnection.
List of ADSL2+ CPE Compatible Vendors
MTNL will activate the Broadband Service using Customer's MTNL Telephone Number digits as Username/Login ID.For example for Broadband Services on Telephone No 22221504, user will be allocated Username/Login ID as 22221504
The Password given by MTNL would be used for the first time login and thereafter Customer needs to change & customize his Password.
1.For Free E-mail IDs as per Broadband Plan Opted/additional E-Mail IDs as per the requirement stated in Subscription Form,customer can visit the MTNL Web site http://register.bol.net.in to create his/her Mail boxes or contact Broadband/ADSL Internet Services Help Desk No 1504/22221504 or, Toll free No is 1600-111-172 or mail us at:email@example.com.
2.E-mail IDs can be a combination of alphabets & numeric but not starting with a numeric,it MUST NOT include any special character/ symbol either.
LAN infrastructure (Cabling & Ports) up-gradation,reconfiguration would be the customers responsibility.IP addresses allocated to customer by MTNL are non-portable & shall continue to remain the exclusive property of MTNL.
Click here to check download Volumes
How to create E-Mail account for Broadband user
How to change password of Broadband connection
How to change password of E-Mail connection
Steps to Configure Broadband Dialer
Advance WiFi Help
SemIndia DNA-A212 / DNA-A213 ADSL 2+
SAM 300AX ADSL2+
DNA-A212 ADSL 2+
Binatone USB Drivers-All
|Do's and Dont's|
information for existing/prospective users of Broadband
& related services
1. For information and booking of a broadband connection & IPTV, VoIP service, please dial toll free number 1500 or 22221500 (direct number).
2. Help is available round the clock to the internet/broadband subscribers on toll free no: 1504 or 22221504 (direct). Also, subscribers can write to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com 3.While as MTNL has taken various steps including port-binding to stop the misuse of a broadband connection by someone else, subscribers must set and change their password(s) and ensure that it is not disclosed to others. Moreover, they are also advised to keep a check on their session-wise usage to ensure that the connection is being legitimately used. 4.Users of WiFi modems must ensure that the security settings (details on website) of their ?WiFi? modems have been properly enabled by the field staff to allow only authentic users to share their broadband connection. Some sites may not open of the ?WiFi? modems are improperly configured.
Various Do's & Don't do
1. Always switch off CPE and/or the system when not in use for long.
2. In case of power off/on CPE, please wait for 2-3 min before connecting to Internet again.
3. Do not use any other power adaptor than the one supplied with CPE.
4. The line of a broadband enabled phone is always to be terminated on a splitter, a small device that will separate the phone line from data/pc port. The phone(s) is/are to be connected on the phone line starting from the port of the splitter marked ?Phone?. The Router/modem is to be connected the port meant for it. Never tap the line before the splitter to ensure smooth connection and best speed.
5. Don't use the Restore Factory Default Setting option in the CPE
6. Keep TCP/IP Properties settings in your PC as Obtain IP automatically (if not fixed IP) and DNS Server Address as: Preferred DNS (Primary) 184.108.40.206 and Alternate DNS (Secondary) : 220.127.116.11.
7. In case USB port is used, ensure CPE USB driver is installed on PC before connecting the USB cable.
8. Use the site http://register.bol.net.in for broadband password change, Email address registration and session wise detailed usage
9. LEDs/Lights on the modem during normal/fault conditions is as follows:
11. Various Broadband Plans have been made available to suit the needs of various users (see website for details). Users may switch over to a more appropriate plan best suited to their needs to save the cost. Requests for plan-change may be given on 1504 any time but please note that the change of plan will be carried out w.e.f. the month end only.
Heavy users: Avoid tensions, Switch to Unlimited Download Plan
measures to be adopted in ADSL Modems to safeguard against misuse|
There is a reset button in every modem. Whenever it is operated , all configuration settings in ADSL Modem are reset to default factory settings, resulting the resetting of Modem login and password to default admin and admin respectively. Customer should change the default password again to earlier password or any other new password .
Customer is advised to switch off their ADSL Modem, when not in use.
Customer is advised to check online his daily usage .And if any unexpected high usage of data is noticed, he may bring in the notice of ISP concerned.